Information on the processing of personal data pursuant to Articles 13 and 14 of EU Reg. n. 679/2016
Aulos APS collects and uses your personal data when you browse or use the online services on www.various-voices.it.
By personal data we mean any information that can be used to identify an individual.
The purpose of this policy is to provide you with a clear and detailed explanation of how, when and why we collect and use personal data, and it is designed to give you a simple and transparent explanation of our data protection policy, as well as to show you how to effectively exercise your rights.
This information refers only to the data processed by Aulos APS through this website and does not concern other websites, platforms or social network pages that may be reached through links on www.various-voices.it: in these cases, you should always refer to the information available on the respective pages.
This information may be subject to changes and variations over time, so we invite you to regularly consult this page to be updated on the processing of personal data carried out by Aulos APS.
- Who is the Data Controller?
- How can I contact the Data Controller?
- When do you collect my data?
- What data do you process? For what purposes and on which legal basis?
- For whicj further purposes may you use my data?
- With whom will you share my data?
- How will you treat my data?
- Will my data be processed outside Europe?
- How long will you keep my data?
- Links to third party sites and social networks
- What are my rights and how can I protect my privacy?
- Can I lodge a complaint?
- Possible changes
1. Who is the Data Controller?
Aulos APS (C.F. 91426780374) is the Data Controller, as it determines the means and purposes of the processing of personal data involved in the use of this website; for further information, please use the contact details given in the section “How can I contact the Data Controller?”.
2. How can I contact the Data Controller?
You can with the Data Controller by sending a communication to the following:
mail: Via Capo di Lucca n. 37, 40126, Bologna;
3. When do you collect my data?
Aulos APS will collect information directly provided by you:
– when you access and navigate the site;
– when you send questions or ask for advice through the dedicated sections or contacts;
– when you use the features of the site, such as registering an account, signing up for the Various Voices 2023 event or uploading photos and contents;
4. What kind of data do you process? For what purposes and on what legal basis?
When you browse or use the services on the Aulos APS website, the following types of data may be processed:
a) Navigation data
Some personal data whose transmission is implicit in the navigation on this website are acquired by the computer systems that allow its proper functioning, including but not limited to data traffic and concerning the location, weblog and other data regarding the resources you access through your device. Although this information is not collected to be associated with identified data subjects, it could allow users to be identified – by its very nature and through processing and association with data held by third parties. For example, navigation data include IP addresses or domain names of computers used by users who connect to the Site, the addresses of the resources requested, the time of the request, the method used to submit the request to the server, the size of the file obtained in reply, the numerical code indicating the status of the response given by the server and other parameters relating to the operating system and browser used.
- Purpose of the processing: allow you to browse the website safely and correctly;
- Legal basis for the processing: the legitimate interest of Aulos APS in the proper functioning of the site and the safety of navigation, regularly balanced with the rights of the person concerned (art. 6, paragraph 1, lett. f, GDPR).
b) Data voluntarily provided by the user (Request for information through the indicated addresses)
You can contact us at the addresses indicated on the site, as well as through the mailto links incorporated on the site, to request information or assistance; this involves the acquisition of the data required to identify the request (your e-mail address and the information you decide to include in the text of the message) and authorizes us to send you any reply communications using the contact details you provided at the time of the request.
- Purpose of processing: ensure adequate support in relation to your needs and to respond to your requests;
- Legal basis for the processing: the provision of the service you have requested (art. 6, paragraph 1, lett. b, GDPR).
What are cookies? A cookie is a small text file that stores brief information about your browsing on a particular website and is installed on your device when you log in. Each cookie contains various data (e.g., the name of the server it comes from, a numeric identifier, etc.), may remain on your system for the duration of a session (until you close your browser) or for long periods, and may contain a unique identifier.
When you visit the site again, they will be redirected to the site that generated them (first-party cookies) or to those provided by third parties able to recognize them (third-party cookies).
What are they for? Aulos APS would like to reassure you about the security of the cookies on its website: they do not damage your device in any way, but they will allow you to navigate faster, giving you a better experience. Cookies are used for different purposes depending on their type.
What type of cookie is present?
– Technical and functional cookies (which do NOT require your consent). These cookies are necessary for the functioning of the site and allow you to access its functions (so-called navigation cookies) or to authenticate the session.
There is also the use of functional cookies, which allow you to store your preferences and settings, thereby improving your browsing experience on the site.
To ensure their functionality, these cookies are not deleted when you close the browser. However, they have a fixed duration (usually up to a maximum of 2 years) and after this period they are automatically deactivated. These cookies and the data they collect will in no way be used for any further purposes.
The installation of technical cookies occurs automatically after accessing the site or to activate certain features (e.g. by selecting the “remember me” option). At any time you can decide to disable them by changing the settings of your browser: but in this case you may experience some problems in viewing the site.
- Purposes of the processing: ensure the proper functioning and security of the site;
- Legal basis for the processing: exception to the need for user consent, allowed by art. 122 of Legislative Decree 196 of 2003 (art. 6, paragraph 1, lett. c, GDPR).
– Third party marketing and profiling cookies (social media plugins)
On the website there are some buttons that refer the user to the Data Controller social media profiles. After clicking on these buttons, some cookies may be activated for marketing and profiling purposes by third parties who manage these social networks. The Data Controller does not directly manage these tools, but informs you of the possibility that, by using the features of the Site, they may be activated. For more information, including on how to disable these cookies, please read the information on the processing of personal data of social networks:
> Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/policy.php
> Instagram: https://help.instagram.com/519522125107875
Which cookies are used?
COOKIE NAME: _iub_cs-51790944
PURPOSE: To allow the storage and consultation of records relating to the consent and preferences expressed by End Users regarding the processing of their Personal Data.
PLACE OF PROCESSING: Italy
EXPIRY: 1 year.
MORE INFORMATION: https://www.iubenda.com/privacy-policy/79174687.
COOKIE NAME: wp-wpml_current_language
PURPOSE: Determines the international prefix calculated from the user’s IP address. Used to determine which language should be used for users.
PLACE OF PROCESSING: France.
Disabling via browser
From the site http://www.youronlinechoices.com/it/ it is possible not only to acquire further information on cookies, but also to check the installation of cookies on your browser/device and also to disable them.
Commonly used browsers (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari) accept cookies by default, but this setting can be changed by the user at any time. This applies to both PCs and mobile devices such as tablets and smartphones: it is a generally and widely supported feature.
Therefore, cookies can easily be deactivated or disabled by accessing the options or preferences of the browser used and generally only third party cookies can be blocked; in general, these options will only take effect for that browser and on that device, unless options are active to unify preferences on different devices. Specific instructions can be found on the options or help page of the browser itself. Disabling technical cookies, however, may affect the full and/or proper functioning of various sites, including this Site.
As a rule, the browsers used today:
- offer a “Do not track” option, which is supported by some (but not all) websites. As a result, some websites may no longer collect certain browsing data;
- offer the option of anonymous or incognito browsing: this means that no data will be collected in the browser and no browsing history will be saved, but browsing data will still be collected by the operator of the website visited;
- allow the deletion of all or part of the stored cookies, but on a new visit to a website they might be installed.
- We indicate the links to the support pages of the most popular browsers (with instructions on how to disable cookies on these browsers):
– Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge: (https://support.microsoft.com/it-it/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies);
– Safari: (iOS) on Mac (https://support.apple.com/it-it/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac) and
– mobile devices (https://support.apple.com/it-it/HT201265#:~:text=To%20delete%20the%20cookies%20without,or%20disable%20private%20 browsing);
– Chrome: desktop: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en; Android and iOS: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/2392971?hl=en
d) Wannabe a volunteer?
You can contact us to submit your candidacy for the participation as volunteer in the organization of Various Voices 2023, filling in the form on the website and thus authorizing the data owner for the above mentioned purpose. To this end we will ask for your identification data (name and surname), age, nationality and some additional information to assess your suitability for the role for which you are applying.
The provision of data is compulsory only for the presentation of the application and therefore it is up to the individual candidate to send the personal data requested and any refusal will make it impossible to use the service, without further consequences.
– Purpose of processing: to evaluate your application;
– Legal basis of processing: the provision of the service you have requested and the performance of contractual services or the execution of pre-contractual activities (Art. 6, para. 1, letter b, GDPR).
5. For what further purposes can you use my data?
Your personal data may also be used in order to:
a) comply with legal obligations and requests from public or governmental authorities;
b) manage any disputes or litigation and therefore defend the rights of Aulos APS both in and out of court.
In such cases, the legal bases of the treatment will be:
- for point a), the fulfillment of a legal obligation (art. 6, paragraph 1, letter c, GDPR);
- for point b), the legitimate interest of the Data Controller in the protection of its rights, provided that it is adequately balanced, from time to time, with the rights of the data subject (art. 6, paragraph 1, lett. f, GDPR).
6. With whom will you share my data?
For the purposes set out in the previous sections, members of Aulos APS may be instructed to process your data in order to provide you with the services, information or support you request.
Therefore, access to your personal data will be expressly authorized by the Data Controller, who, if necessary, may appoint subjects in accordance with Articles 28 and 29 of the GDPR.
We would also like to remind you that the list of authorised subjects and data processors is available at the registered office of the Data Controller or, alternatively, you can request it using the contact details indicated in the section “How can I contact the Data Controller?“.
7. How will you treat my data?
Your personal data will also be processed with the aid of electronic means for the time strictly necessary to achieve the purposes intended at the time of their collection.
Aulos APS will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to prevent loss, illegal or incorrect use of data, as well as to prevent possible unauthorized access by third parties. Therefore, Aulos APS will protect the security of your personal data, limiting the number of persons who will be allowed access to servers or databases and providing protection systems to limit the risk of cyber attacks.
8. Are my data processed outside Europe?
The data processed by Aulos APS reside in servers located within the European territory. However, some providers of cookie services may be based in non-European countries. In these cases, the processed data will usually reside in servers located in the European territory, but in some cases there may be a communication of some data to the headquarters of the provider. In these cases, personal data will still be processed in compliance with European legislation. The transfer of data, in particular, will only take place in compliance with the provisions of Articles 45 et seq. of the GDPR. Therefore, all necessary precautions will be taken in order to ensure the most complete protection of personal data basing such transfer: a) on adequacy decisions of the third country recipients expressed by the European Commission; b) on adequate guarantees expressed by the third party recipient pursuant to art. 46 of the Regulation; c) on the adoption of corporate binding rules. These requirements are always guaranteed by Aulos APS service providers.
9. How long will you keep my data?
Aulos APS will process your personal data for the reasonably necessary time to achieve only the purposes listed above, which can be found in the Sections “What data do you process? For what purposes and on what legal basis?” and “For what further purposes may you use my data?“.
At the end of the retention period, your personal data will be deleted or irreversibly anonymized and aggregated.
10. Links to third party websites and social networks
11. What are my rights and how can I protect my privacy?
In relation to your personal data and in accordance with the GDPR, Aulos APS informs you that you have the right to request:
- access to your data;
- the modification and rectification of any errors in our databases relating to your data;
- The cancellation of your data if they are held in the absence of the legal prerequisites;
- the limitation of the processing of your data;
- opposition to the processing of your data;
- the portability of your data.
Any templates and more information are also available here: https://www.garanteprivacy.it/web/guest/home/docweb/-/docweb-display/docweb/1089924.
In the following table we explain in detail how to exercise your rights:
|YOUR RIGHT||HOW CAN YOU EXERCISE IT?|
You may request rectification of inaccurate or incomplete personal data.
Before proceeding with rectification, we will verify the accuracy of the data in our files.
|Right to erasure/to be forgotten||
You can request the deletion of your personal data, but only if:
You may request to limit the use of your personal data in the event that:
Following your request for a restriction, the use of your personal data is nevertheless permitted when:
|Portability||You may request a copy of your personal data in a structured, readable and commonly used format.|
You can object at any time to the processing of personal data about you when:
When you object:
You can also exercise the right to object by automated means using specific techniques, such as those made available on the site in the personal page and e-mail (link for cancellation).
Aulos APS guarantees that any request concerning your rights will be answered within thirty days of receipt.
12. Can I file a complaint?
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Authority for the protection of personal data, if you believe that the treatment carried out by Aulos APS does not comply with the requirements of the European Regulation No. 679/2016 and national legislation.
In Italy, the competent authority is the Garante per la protezione dei dati personali, whose contact details are available at http://www.garanteprivacy.it/.
More information and the sample document to be used for the complaint are available here: https://www.garanteprivacy.it/web/guest/home/docweb/-/docweb-display/docweb/4535524.
In addition, if the prerequisites set out in Articles 78 and 79 of the GDPR are met, you have the right to bring an appeal before the competent judicial authority.
The information we are providing you with now may change over time, when processing activities change, when data is collected or when legislative or regulatory changes occur, as well as when technological developments occur. We therefore advise you to periodically consult this page to keep up to date on the processing carried out.